Through the Hub and Spoke Model, the job holder is directly responsible for driving business profitability by developing and deploying a Regional Customer Portfolio and Life Cycle Management model for Credit & Debit Cards in MENA markets.
The job holder will be required to undertake portfolio management initiatives that are geared to deliver on portfolio management drivers in complete alignment with the RBWM MENA Cards Strategy.
The job holder must focus on disciplined growth of managing the existing bottom line as well as growth for incremental profitability from existing and new to bank customers by leveraging "Best in Class" analytics in close coordination with Group Cards CoE.
The job holder will have responsibility for localising to the diversity of each country market whilst maintaining a regional standardized approach closely aligned with Consumer Assets MENA strategy.
Responsibility for portfolios includes influencing the performance of MENA Cards, as dictated by RBWM Target Business Model (TBM), to ensure Plan performance for long-term sustainable growth. The job holder will be a key member of the Regional RBWM Cards team and implement MENA RBWM and Group Cards strategy in the regional markets.
The job holder will represent MENA Cards at CoE Forum.
Impact on the Business
· Manage all drivers of profitability and life cycle management and grow business in each market working closely with Group Center of Excellence and in-country spoke distribution and service teams.
· Responsible for ensuring sustainable growth available for Cards Portfolios and projects that are at the core of Group & MENA strategy
· Work with Regional & Global teams to establish Cards Portfolio objectives and plans and drive them in MENA markets.
· Work with Cards analytics, Group Center of Excellence & Support to deliver data driven portfolio management campaigns for each MENA market including but not limited to early activation, anti-dormancy, ant-attrition, spend build-up, BT & FIP etc.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Work with multiple internal stakeholders including Risk, Compliance, Legal, Distribution, Direct Channels, Finance, Business Intelligence, Marketing, GSC, NSC, RCC, Change Delivery, Oric and Amanah
· Work collectively with colleagues and key stakeholders and optimize use of the Group’s facilities such as COE and scale to gain competitive advantage.
· Balance the requirements of a more centrally directed standardized organisation with the need to perform locally in market
Leadership & Teamwork
· Lead strategic partnerships in MENA for individual markets, Region and Group
· Clear performance management for self and role modeling for peers and colleagues
· Drive employee engagement and staff morale
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Manage satisfactory control in the cards lending operation
· Compliance with regulatory procedures across MENA
· Management and implementation of key audit recommendations
· Development of Portfolio management and analytics to drive performance
· To create and implement a strategy to develop and execute portfolio management across challenging and diverse country markets whilst maintaining a Regional standard.
· Build Customer Profitability rather than Product Profitability
· In a majority of the MENA Countries HSBC are restricted in terms of increasing the branch footprint, simplification of processes across all countries, through both indirect and direct channels, and leveraging alternate channels such as AO, Web, SMS and e-Statements as well as Telemarketing will be key.
· Varying degrees of regulatory restrictions challenging the regions ability to maximise profitability.
· Operating within the Hub and Spoke model.
Knowledge & Skills
· University (BA) or (BS)
· Two to Five years relevant experience.
· Knowledge of Credit & Debit Card Portfolios in an emerging market
· Experience of front line, tele and web sales and customer experience management
· Knowledge and experience of Risk
· Knowledge or background in Maketing would be an advantage
· Strong analytical skills including high degree of proficiency in working with spreadsheets
· Strong influencing skills
· Communication and engagement skills
· Consultative approach to decision making
· Excellent customer relationships