Trade Marketing Manager - Egypt & Libya - Early Life Nutirition
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Develop, enhance and implement sales & trade marketing (channel & category development) strategy for Egypt baby food market by channel, region and key customer. To Improve Distribution, availability and visibility & reduce returns of DNELN products across all channels in cooperation with current and /or new DNELN distributors. Manage distributor(s) and ensure timely & correct execution of plans & supervise channel & category development department for all in store merchandising, consumer promotions and activities. Partnering with key accounts, building baby milk category in baby food category with proper merchandising standards and securing continuous availability.
1. Trade Marketing strategy development, implementation, execution and evaluation (60%)
- Develop trade marketing strategy for Egypt in line with DNELN plans
- Partner, agree & execute annual business plans with key customers to improve availability and visibility through tailor made promotional programs as per channel.
- Negotiate trading terms and agreements with accounts and translate them into annual business agreements.
- Develop and implement retail/trade activities and events including: cross promotions, key account relationships, retailer specific regional promotions and other in store events
- Lead and supervise consumer & trade promotion cycle (procurement, production, communication, agency management for executions, distribution & performance evaluation)
- Evaluating the various promotions & generating timely reports
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate trade and market performance and customer feedback to generate new product ideas, identify product/service features that need to be changed to meet customer needs.
2. Route to Market (10%)
- Improve Availability and Accessibility of DNELN products in line with annual operating plan per channel & region through distributor(s) proximity and Partnership
3. Team Management (20%)
- Design & implement an effective well trained sales and merchandising team to deliver long term growth above market and competitors.
- Ensure full measurement criteria and KPI’s are identified and followed
- Recruit for vacant positions within the team and ensure 100% of agreed man power is in place
4. Financial (10%)
Plan, manage and execute all trade & A&P support for trade promotions, in-store activities and consumer promotions per channel/region and key customers. Ensure to follow the agreed guidelines of the spend and the approved annual budget.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Implementation of designated activity calendars per channel
- Monthly IMS targets per Brand per Channel
- Distributor score card improvements
- Market Share Development
- Timely implementation of consumer and trade promotions
- Timely implementation of in-store activities
- Channel & RTM Strategy
- Customer portfolio strategy
- Develop high performing teams & organizations
- In-store execution & control
- Selling & negotiation
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Affinity with FMCG/Food environment
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in FMCG sales
- BA/MBA in Business Administration / Economy / Engineering from a reputable university
Mobility: candidate should be open to move within the region or outside the region with Danone in 3-4 years if such opportunity will arise which will contribute to his/her career growth
If you have any inquiries please refer back to the recruitment team.
Job Segment: Marketing MBA, Engineer, Outside Sales, Marketing Manager, Marketing, Engineering, Sales