Conducts, plans and executes internal audits to evaluate the adequacy
and effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of information reported
and compliance with policies and procedures.
Provide I.T. auditing subject matter expertise for the Internal Audit
Department in order to ensure that:
• QG information systems and technology are properly audited; and
• QG Internal Audit Department makes appropriate use of available
• Plans audits by analyzing business processes and preparing risk
assessments to determine the controls to be tested. Defines the audit
scope, objectives and audit program steps in order to test the system of
controls and obtains approval for the plan from the Head and/or CIA.
Formulates and agrees audit plans, scope and objectives with auditees.
• Detailed planning and execution of I.T. audits.
• Conducts audit fieldwork by coordinating audits teams and testing
controls and compliance with policies, procedures and agreed practices.
• Prepares internal audit reports, audit plans, progress reports, and
early reports on potential significant findings.
• Conducts follow-up of prior audit observations to ensure agreed
actions are implemented by the Auditee.
• Trains and develops Auditors “on the job” regarding IAD standards,
audit process, company business and processes, observation and report
writing, in order to ensure continuous development of IAD talent pool.
• Conducts special reviews under supervision of Head or Audit
Specialist as requested by CIA in order to address specific concerns of
• Support other audits by providing subject matter expertise on I.T.
• Support Internal Audit Department in selection, use and maintenance
• Lead and conduct other non-I.T. audits as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Business Administration/
Engineering and relevant post-graduate / professional qualifications,
e.g. in I.T. / Computing MSc, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA),
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
• Minimum 8 years experience in relevant role, i.e. I.T.
Audit, I.T. Security preferably in the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical
industry in internal audit/compliance/risk management or inspections or
• Expertise in I.T. security and auditing standards (e.g. ISACA); ERP
(preferably SAP); and I.T. auditing tools, e.g. ACL, or similar CAATs
tools and TeamMate or similar audit management software.
• Basic knowledge of industrial control systems, network security,
SCADA, application control.
• Good knowledge of the Oil & Gas/LNG business, specifically key
processes, key risks, and key controls.
• Good awareness of corporate governance and risk management processes.
• Strong knowledge of Institute of Internal Audit professional
standards and auditing processes.
• Able to maintain good judgment, manage conflict, lead and influence
objectively with tact and persuasion.
• Computer literacy with ability to use word-processing, spreadsheets,
databases and graphics applications.